Proposed Nine Point Program for Liberty and Prosperity in NJ for 2015
PROPOSED NINE POINT PROGRAM FOR 2015*
I. BIG PROPERTY TAX CUTS FOR EVERYONE IN NJ.
- Less government programs, spending, fewer employees.
- No full time pensions and benefits for part-time employees.
- Pay government employees same as private employees who do same work.
- Post all government employee and their jobs, salaries, and benefits on official government websites.
- Cut costs of insurance and lawsuits by ending claims for “hurt feelings” with no medical proof of injury, and “fee shifting” laws that force taxpayers to pay lawyers more than what they recover for their clients. (Click “fee shift” to learn why rewarding lawyers who bring frivolous lawsuits makes everything more expensive and makes it impossible to fire bad employees.)
- Restructure unsustainable government debt through bankruptcy.
- Change union and civil service laws so lay-offs based on merit—not seniority.
- Don’t force government and public school employees to join unions
- Make all laws (including tax laws) simple enough to understand without lawyers, and apply them equally to everyone.
- Distribute State School Tax portion of “State Property Tax Relief Fund”(Money collected from NJ State Income Tax) to each school district on an equal, per student basis.( This is required by in NJ State Constitutional Amendment that created state income tax in 1976.
II. FIX ATLANTIC CITY WITH LIBERTY—NOT MORE OF THE SAME POISON.
- Big cuts in real estate taxes for everyone.End special tax breaks for few.(See Part 1 above).
- Make all laws (including tax laws) simple enough to understand follow without lawyers and lobbyists –and apply them equally to everyone.
- End all “public-private partnerships”.
- Allow casino companies and employees to participate in politics.
- Allow out-of-work casino workers to open their own new casinos without having minimum of 500 hotel rooms.
III. REPUDIATE (REFUSE TO PAY) ANY STATE GOVERNMENT DEBT INCURRED WITHOUT VOTER APPROVAL AS REQUIRED BY NJ CONSTITUTION.
- Refuse to pay unenforceable $16 billion Transportation Trust Fund Debt and use all gas-tax money to repair and rebuild roads and bridges.
- No gas-tax hike
- Declare NJ Pension Funds insolvent, and immediately refuse to pay more than $50,000 per year for any NJ government pension.
- Refuse to pay any state government pensions before age 66.
- No pensions pension credits for part-time elected officials.
IV. NO MORE HIDDEN “GLOBAL WARMING” TAXES ON GAS , ELECTRIC, AND TRASH BILLS.
- Don’t force electric companies to raise rates for solar panels and wind turbines that don’t work, or for “societal benefits” fee slush fund.
- Use safest, shortest, and cheapest routes for natural gas pipelines.
- End mafia-like monopoly of trash business in Atlantic County by Atlantic County Utilities Authority.
V. RESPECT AND PROTECT 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHT OF ALL RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS TO POSSESS AND CARRY FIREARMS FOR PROTECTION
Allow all citizens who meet established standards for law enforcement officers to also carry firearms on their persons and in their vehicles.
VI. ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAWS.
- Immediately deport all foreignerswho cannot prove that they were living and working in this country before January 1, 2011.
- Immediately deport all foreigners illegally in this country regardless of how long they have been here if they committed a crime, or are unable to support themselves in this country.
- Stop all legal and illegal immigration for at least three years until there is agreement on what to do with other foreigners illegally living in the United States.
VII. LET PARENTS AND TAXPAYERS AGAIN CONTROL THE PUBLIC EDUCATION OF OUR CHILDREN
- End state mandates for Common Core Curriculum and PARCC Testing.
- Distribute State School Tax portion of “State Property Tax Relief Fund”(Money collected from NJ State Income Tax) to each school district on an equal, per student basis.This is required by in section of NJ State Constitution that created state income tax in 1976.
- Allow parents to send their child to any accredited public or private school of their choice instead of their assigned public school, and apply their child’s share of State School Tax towards that school’s tuition.
VIII. LEARN THE STORY OF RICHARD SOMERS WHO DIED BY THE SHORES OF TRIPOLI ON SEPTEMBER 4, 1804 IN AMERICA’S FIRST WAR AGAINST JIHAD.
Every September, we hold ceremonies and seminars to tell how much this remarkable man from Somers Point achieved in his short 26 years–and what a remarkable nation we were back then.
IX. NO MORE STATE MANDATED BEACH DUNES!
Let citizens of each beachfront town decide for themselves how to best protect their homes and businesses from ocean flooding—NOT unelected state and federal officials.
*The general principles of our Nine Point Program for 2015 were approved at our June 13, 2015 Business meeting. However, the details were not and are open to discussion and review. We welcome your opinion. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, meet us on our Facebook Page Liberty and Prosperity, or at Twitter @LandP1776, call us at (609) 927-7333 or meet us any Saturday, 9:30AM at the Shore Diner, Tilton and Fire Roads in Egg Harbor Township by Parkway Exit 36. Thanks.