NO BREAKFAST MEETING, SATURDAY RADIO BROADCAST THIS SATURDAY, CHRISTMAS DAY, OR NEXT SATURDAY, NEW YEARS DAY. “NATE OF NORTHFIELD” NATHANSON AND LINDA BIAMONTE WILL HOST 1400 AM RADIO PROGRAM MONDAY AND TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27 AND 28, WHILE SETH GROSSMAN IS ON VACATION.
1. WE WILL HAVE A SPECIAL HOLIDAY “LIBERTY AT THE MOVIES” NIGHT THIS TUESDAY, DECEMBER 28 at 6pm at the Mays Landing Branch of the Atlantic County Library (Main Street and Farragut Avenue). The movie is called “Rediscovering God in America.” This is another powerful presentation by Citizens United. Newt and Callista Gingrich do a walking tour of various buildings and monuments in Washington, D.C. that have an important message. These historical landmarks remind us of that basic paradox of American liberty. The First Amendment of our Constitution forbids government from supporting or ” establishing” any particular religion, but our whole American culture and system of liberty is based on the “self-evident” truth that each of us is “endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights”– and the idea each of us has a personal obligation to recognize that truth, and to do what is necessary to defend the equal and unalienable rights of each individual. With so many of us spending so much time with kids and grandkids, this is a perfect way to introduce them to the idea of American liberty. Admission is free. Eggnog and holiday cookies will be served.
2. SETH GROSSMAN CHRISTMAS-NEW YEARS ESSAY: TEACH YOUR CHILDREN AND GIVE THEM THE GIFT OF LIBERTY.
“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall speak of them when you are at home, when you travel, when you lie down, and when you rise up.” Deuteronomy, Chapter 6
On a cold night, I saw more than three hundred people at the December meeting of a Tea Party group in Elmer by Routes 40 and 55. None of them seemed less than 50 years old. We at Liberty and Prosperity often ask ourselves, “How can we get young people at our meetings?” We use flyers, Facebook, and Twitter, but nothing seems to work. Many young people volunteer for food bank and Habitat for Humanity projects that supposedly help the poor, but which in fact advance or enable government policies (like not enforcing immigration laws) that keep people poor. Others show up for events to promote “green” energy programs, that pad our electric bills with extra charges, and give obscene profits to a handful of insiders in big government, big unions, and big corporations. Why don’t they care as much about liberty? We often blame public schools and colleges that force-feed our kids with big-government/anti-liberty ideas and values. We complain about the distorted, left-wing content of so many newspapers and TV programs–and in the pop entertainment culture. We can’t do much else – but there is one thing that we can and must do. We can and must learn the unique history, values, and ideas of American liberty well enough to have them in our hearts, then we can and must teach them to our own children – and our grandchildren, nieces, and nephews every chance we get. What better time than now, when we spend so much more time with them during the holidays? Go to http://www.libertyandprosperity.org for complete essay.
3. NOTE – BOTH OF OUR RADIO PROGRAMS (1400AM and 92.1 FM) NEED MORE SPONSORS/PATRONS AND/OR $30 DONATIONS TO REMAIN ON THE AIR NEXT YEAR. IF YOU LISTEN TO EITHER PROGRAM AND THINK THEY ARE EFFECTIVE IN TEACHING OUR MESSAGE OF LIBERTY, PLEASE CONTACT SETH GROSSMAN AND FIND OUT HOW TO BE A SPONSOR AND/OR PATRON. New e-mail address for Seth Grossman: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. REPUBLICAN PARTY LEADERS IN GLOUCESTER, CUMBERLAND, AND CAPE MAY COUNTIES are looking for good “Tea Party” candidates for State Senate, Assembly, and Freeholder. As Jethro told Moses more than 3,000 years ago, you do not need special political or government training or experience to be a good candidate for public office. Jethro said you must be someone who is (a) capable (a person of accomplishment), who speaks the truth, who fears God (i.e. does the right thing even when nobody is looking), and who despises dishonest gain. If you have these qualities, you can quickly learn the skills and techniques you need to win the election, and be a good public official. For more information, contact Seth Grossman at (609) 927-7333 or email@example.com. Liberty and Prosperity is not a political organization and does not support or endorse particular candidates for public office. We teach all Americans how to again be free and effective citizens.
5. REPUBLICAN PARTY LEADERS IN ATLANTIC COUNTY are clueless. Instead of demanding liberty and justice for all so that liberty can bring prosperity, Republican party leaders want more “public-private partnership”-special permits and tax deals for a few. Republican leaders want (a) tax breaks, cheap government loans, and a state government takeover of Atlantic City to finish the $2.8 billion Revel Casino, (b) a “Next-Gen Aviation Research Park” funded with federal government earmarks and borrowed state and local government money, and (c) windmills in the ocean that will force every electric company in the state to raise electric bills to pay $2,200 every time an ocean windmill produces $60 worth of electricity. Republican leaders in Atlantic County are NOT looking for Tea Party candidates, and will do everything possible to keep them for getting elected to any public office.
6. RESPECT– Mario Puzo’s book “The Godfather” and movies like “Goodfellows” explained how respect was so important in the world of gangsters. A gangster was nobody if he did not have respect. A gangster could only win respect by becoming a “made man” or a “stand-up guy” by “whacking” (killing) someone. Politics works the same way, but nobody is physically killed – at least not in America, so far. To get respect in politics, you must defeat somebody in an election. As in the world of gangsters, the amount of respect you get depends on the importance of the person you defeat. Right now, taxpayers and Tea Party People have respect in Cape May, Cumberland, and Gloucester counties because they helped defeat powerful politicians. Dr. Robert Villare of Gloucester County has respect because he came very close to defeating an ally of Democrat boss Steve Sweeney in 2009, even though he had very little support from the Republican organization. Right now, taxpayers, liberty, and Tea Party people have no respect. Although Steve Lonegan and a young freeholder candidate named Derek Brown made strong showings in the June, 2009 primaries, Republican leaders are convinced we do not have any candidates who can challenge them this year. Are they right? If you want to know how you can be an effective, winning candidate, contact Seth Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 927-7333.
Liberty and Prosperity Ten Core Principles for 2010:
I. No eminent domain for private gain.
II. Enforce federal immigration laws. No amnesty. Deport illegal aliens.
III. Make tax and zoning laws fair, simple, and apply them equally to everyone.
IV. Cut taxes by cutting government spending.
V. Post all government salaries, contracts and budgets online.
VI. Repudiate (refuse to pay) all state government debts incurred without voter approval in violation of our State Constitution. Repudiate all federal government debts incurred for purposes not permitted by Article I,
Section 8 of our Federal Constitution.
VII. Bring “government of the people, by the people, and for the people” back to our public schools and local governments. Let parents apply taxpayer money spent to educate their children to the qualified schools they
choose. Don’t force public employees to pay dues to unions they don’t want to join. Let elected officials again decide what salaries, pensions, and benefits to pay our public “servants”. VIII. Hold frequent non-binding referendums (public votes) on all issues of public importance.
IX. Term limits for all elected officials. Pensions for none.
X. Audit, reform or abolish the Federal Reserve Banking System and have Congress establish a stable currency secured by precious metals or assets with recognized and stable values. Have the United States withdraw from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and any organization which purports to require the U.S. Government to spend money without appropriation by Congress pursuant to the U.S. Constitution.
READY TO HELP YET? How would you like to do this newsletter once a month? How would you like to compose and read a 197 word, one minute radio spot once a month? And PLEASE pay $30 for 2010 to support the work we have done so far, and to help us do more in the future. If you live near a well-traveled rural road, please let us put a sign there! If you previously called and we did not get back to you, it means the message on Liberty and Prosperity 1776, Inc. is a non-profit, education organization. We are registered and recognized by both the State of New Jersey and the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. Our mission is to learn and teach why ‘Liberty and Prosperity’, New Jersey’s motto since 1776, is still true and relevant today — and how Americans can again be free and effective citizens.”
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Voting Members: $60 dues; attend 3 business meetings per year; work on one board approved project per year. Non-Voting Members: $30 per year; no attendance or volunteer requirements. Seth Grossman, Executive Director, http://www.libertyandprosperity.org 453 Shore Road, Somers Point, NJ 08244, email@example.com